Did You Know?
- Epilepsy isn't catching. You can't get it from someone else and they can't get it from you.
- You can't swallow your tongue during a seizure.
- You should never put anything in the mouth of someone having a seizure.
- You didn't get seizures because of something bad that you or your family did. It just happened.
- Some seizures can make you see, hear, or smell things that no one else sees, hears, or smells. Not remembering these things doesn't make you crazy.
- Having seizures does not mean that you are less smart than other people.
- Have fun! You can have a good time playing sports and doing things your friends can do!
Q: When did you start having seizures?
A: When I was 3 years old.
Q: What's it like to have epilepsy?
A: It's hard. Sometimes I have a seizure and I miss things I want to do or I'm sleepy and can't do anything for awhile.
Q: What do you want other kids to know about epilepsy?
A: I'm just like any other kid. I don't want to be treated any differently just because I have seizures.